SkyPerformance Fitness Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for discussion about SkyPerformance fitness programs at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park in Buffalo, New York.

St. Patrick's Day Banana Muffins- At least that's what I'm telling them!

Ashley2778
    Ashley2778

St. Patrick's Day Banana Muffins- At least that's what I'm telling them! Empty St. Patrick's Day Banana Muffins- At least that's what I'm telling them!

Post  Ashley2778 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I love messing around with recipes to find ways to make them better and pack a more powerful punch. This morning, I came down to some browning bananas. I'm not a fan of ripe bananas (tidbit: the riper the banana, the more sugar it contains!)so I knew they'd go to waste if I didn't do something fast! Banana bread it is! I started pulling out all my ingredients; oat & wheat flours, wheat germ,quinoa,unsweetened homemade applesauce, plain greek yogurt, when I noticed the baby spinach. I put spinach in my protein shakes everyday and even managed to get one of my girls to accept the fact that it truly doesn't change the taste of her smoothie. Could I throw it in my banana muffins?! Today was the day I was going to test it out. I ground 2 cups of the spinach down to a mere green food coloring and tossed it in. As I'm sitting here, enjoying my green banana muffin, I can attest to the fact that there is no taste change, and the health benefits of the spinach- Vitamin A, Vitamin K, antioxidants...I can go on and on- make these a winner for my family. And when my kids come home wondering why the banana muffins are green... Well, we're still celebrating St. Patrick's Day, of course!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 am