SkyPerformance Fitness Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for discussion about SkyPerformance fitness programs at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park in Buffalo, New York.

3 posters

Breakfast Cookies?

Ashley2778
    Ashley2778

Breakfast Cookies? Empty Breakfast Cookies?

Post  Ashley2778 Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:51 pm

That's right! I've toyed around with a recipe for a breakfast cookie and my little "testers" came home from school and approved!
    In a food processor, combine 2 ripe bananas and 2/3c. NATURAL NO SUGAR ADDED applesauce
    Stir in 1/2c. natural peanut butter- I prefer to buy peanut butter that has the fewest added ingredients possible unless it has added flax or the like...
    Throw in 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I prefer whey isolate- and mine has 130 calories, no fat, 1 g. carbs, and 30 g. of protein per scoop) and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
    Mix with 1 1/2 - 2 cups of old fashioned oats- quick oats can be used, but old fashioned will maintain more texture and are less process than quick oats
    A heaping 1/4c. each of chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts) and dark chocolate chips can be added in...
    Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes while the oven preheats to 350*
    Scoop onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Yield about 16
    Bake for 20-30 minutes until nicely browned and let sit for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
    About in each cookie:
    146 calories
    7g. fat
    6g. protein
    16g. carbohydrate

Enjoy!
    Alissa
    Alissa
    Admin

Breakfast Cookies? Empty Re: Breakfast Cookies?

Post  Alissa Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 pm

those sound delicious!! I'll have to try it.
    Michelle
    Michelle

Post  Michelle Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

Wow! These sound delicious! What do you think about using almond butter vs the peanut butter, Ashley?
    Ashley2778
    Ashley2778

Post  Ashley2778 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi Michelle-
    Yes, I love almond butter and as long as you are choosing a natural- check the ingredients because by natural I mean as few ingredients as possible and no added sugar- almond butter is a great swap!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 am